What am I doing wrong on SQL CREATE FUNCTION? -- I should have documented how I did this before!

fixed

It was only three weeks ago that I did this before, but I don't remember the exact CREATE FUNCTION syntax I used, and didn't document it anywhere, and what I'm trying isn't working.

For an RPG function in a service program, prototyped as:

D CENSORACCT PR 1A D IEID 9S 0

what's the syntax for the CREATE FUNCTION statement?

If I give it:

create function censoracct(numeric(9,0)) returns char language rpgle
parameter style general no sql program type sub external name censoracct

I get:
Clause not correct for procedure or function.

with the cursor on "general."

What am I doing wrong?

--
JHHL