Re: PROBLEM, Re: Almost a year and a half ago, I did some work with SQL UDFs.

fixed

Scott Klement wrote:
As such, I recommend a simple subprocedure like this:

P getUser B
D PI 10a
D myUser s 10a inz(*user)
c return myUser
P E

IDEA:

And I can have a static variable in the service program, to hold the user profile from the last time the censorship routine's initialization was called: if it matches what getUser returns, it skips the (potentially rather expensive) initialization to that user, but if it doesn't match, it reinitializes.

The whole issue of prestart jobs (that might actually remain active long enough to have the censorship information changed from under them) still kills DETERMINISTIC, but there may yet be some hope.

--
JHHL