Re: PROBLEM, Re: Almost a year and a half ago, I did some work with SQL UDFs.

fixed

Scott Klement wrote:
As such, I recommend a simple subprocedure like this:

P getUser B
D PI 10a
D myUser s 10a inz(*user)
c return myUser
P E

Actually, since the censorship UDF is itself implemented as a function within a service program, I don't even need a separate getUser function: all I need is the myUser variable declaration in the censorship function itself, and it gets reinitialized (and can be used to check whether further reinitialization is necessary) every time the censorship function is called.

My head and stomach are already starting to feel better.

--
JHHL