Re: Almost a year and a half ago, I did some work with SQL UDFs. I've since forgotten some crucial things.

fixed

Hello
On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:28:29 -0700
James Lampert <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A year ago this past April, I was able, in my UDF experiments, to achieve proof-of-concept on a UDF, based on an ILE RPG SRVPGM, to censor rows returned in an SQL view.

And now, I've about forgotten most of what I did.

I was able to find the RPGLE source member for the proof-of-concept censorship function.
That is good. To verify this, you can run DSPSRVPGM <you-srvpgm> DETAIL(*MODULE).
To find your SRVPGM exactly, you can run in SQL
SELECT EXTNAME FROM SYSFUNCS WHERE FUNCSCHEMA='<your-UDF-schema>'
AND FUNCNAME='<your-UDF-name>'

And I've found the docs on how to execute a CREATE FUNCTION statement for an external UDF.

You can restore your UDF options with QSQGNDDL API

But any general advice on the subject would be appreciated.

As would the answer to a couple of specific questions:
(1) If I update the service program, do I then have to DROP the UDF and CREATE it again?
No, if your parameter set remains the same.

Best regards,
Mike