SQL + eRPG/CGIDEV2 is slick and fairly easy once you learn the SQL syntax. I'm
still looking for better ways to handle SQL errors - I think the examples IBM
gives in the SQL programming reference are terrible. I belive this is
especially true when you move from fairly static SQL (totally static or simple
variable replacement) to true dynamic SQL processing. For the (light) inhouse
pages we have, SQL has worked well for me.

I would like to see more templating techniques. I like how CGIDEV2 allows for
total HTML separation from code - it makes for clean programs. However, I'm
more used to FastTemplate (a version homepage at
<http://www.astrofoto.org/~roland/>) type templating as found in Perl and PHP.

I'm looking forward to the new eRPG book. I used the first book when starting
out with AS/400 CGI, to get a feel for the API flow. I'm always on the lookout
for more (and hopefully) better ways of handling web interfaces, Javascript,
etc. But most of my CGI development is with CGIDEV2 because of the simplified
API handling and templating. If I could get nested templating, I'd be very
happy indeed.

Loyd

--
"Why, you can even hear yourself think." --Hobbes
"This is making me nervous. Let's go in." --Calvin