Hi Reeve.  Ok, I'll respond.  ;)

I appreciate the kudos on the first book.  (Second one right
now is getting ready for publishing).

CGIDEV provides a lot of great tools.  My book(s) and web
page provide all the information that these do as well.  I
guess I'm more of a "roll your own" type of guy.  I like to
know what I'm doing when I'm doing it.

That's just me.  I could provide a service program with all
the neat little tools as well, but I'd rather you take the
time to learn what's going on, at a deeper level.  That
makes working with you easier.  And not to mention Mel
already has one out there.  ;)

For example, when I say "What are you outputting for the
HTTP headers?" it's nice when you can reply
"Content-type...." instead of "huh?"  Or if I ask "are you
using QzhbCGIParse or QtmhGetEnv to retrieve the data?"
Again, I'd rather hear the answer than "umm... say who?"

Again, that's just me.  Nothing wrong with using tools that
help you get the job done at all.

I'm not sure which concepts of mine that you may have
misunderstood.  :)

You're right when I say I stand behind eRPG.  It's a great
tool!  And as for Joe and I having a shootout, you missed it
already.  ;)  It was a few months back on the Java List.  We
both respect each other's views and know that not one tool
will fit into the perfect solution for every problem.

I saw posts for this shootout, but missed the original
posts.  Is this the one Ignite has been planning?  If not,
I'd like to simply submit RPGenerationX.com.  :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com