From: Dave <dfx1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [WDSCI-L] Connect to i from home
Date: Thu, Oct 8, 2020 3:35 PM

I've been using the various versions of the product since WDSC
5.something,
but haven't been able to since moving to my current shop. I've found the
land that time forgot, where people are happily still writing new RPGIII
programs. Found it difficult to use the green screen again at first, and
have never got used to reading code in SEU.
So much so that I even copy source members to text files so that I can
view
them with Notepad.
However, I've also realized that there are some advantages in using the
old
tools. Or should I say there are some disadvantages in using RDi. One of
those is the time it will take me to install it and try and set up the
connection. With the knowledge that may not be successful.

x y <xy6581@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Do., 8. Okt. 2020, 19:39:

> I've never had my ThinkPad laptop directly connected to my host
> system--it's either been through a standard internet connection (with
> several extra ports open) or, recently, through a Cisco VPN.
>
> Depending upon your setup, performance will be good to okay.  My host
moved
> from 25 miles away to 1,000 miles away and I can feel the difference.
 When

<goodprophet.bp@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Dave, we've already cleared up the confusion of RDP terminology.
(Yes it

at [12]https://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l ;.

link: [13]https://amazon.midrange.com ;