Steve, this is just a quick update.

I just had an occasion to try to start RDi 9.6.0.5 when not connected to the previous VPN.  I was connected to a VPN, but the previous open connection was to a machine on a different VPN.  In any event, I had to cycle through the 20-30 second connection signon/failure five times before I was able to get into RDi.

Please note that the Work offline option isn't really an option unless I ALWAYS set the option to offline every time I close RDi.  The requirement to work on a different VPN isn't something I know ahead of time, and once I do know, I can't switch the connection offline because I have to start RDi to make it offline!  So the only way I could do this would be to first connect to the previous VPN, mark that connection as offline, then disconnect the VPN and connect to the /other/ VPN, and then connect to that machine.

Not exactly elegant.  It would be nice to have a way to shortcut this.

A possible compromise would be that after an initial connection attempt that the tool pop up a window that asks "Do you wish to mark all your connections offline?" That would be a good thing to have.