For now I plan to add a hex editor (left side: hex, right side: text)
for data spaces and perhaps as a control for the designer.

Thomas.

Am 15.06.2015 um 17:21 schrieb Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc.:
I could see use for an editor based on the List API formats.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy-Dy4KJ/v5nlGqndwCJWfcng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Thomas Raddatz <thomas.raddatz-SNl56lKVxZ8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: -----
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Thomas Raddatz <thomas.raddatz-SNl56lKVxZ8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/15/2015 02:30AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] User space editor in iSphere - get "No editor selected" error

Hi Vern,

Can you sent me a roughly designed example (picture and/or) description how your user space editor should look like?

I first startet with the data area editor but when it came to user spaces I thought that it would be difficult to read all the hex bytes. But now I agree that it was fine to have a user space editor such as the data area editor.

The problem might be, that it must be a hex editor instead of a String editor, because from my understanding user spaces are usually more "technically" used, for example as output buffer for the IBM list APIs. Whereas data areas are often human readable.

That was the point when I had the idea of the "data space editor designer".

So actually we needed an enhancement such as the "hex" editor of Notepad++, right?

I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Thomas.