Vern,

There currently is nothing in iSphere which allows you to edit a user space as the "entire content". (Thought strictly speaking you can create an editor with one [long] character field and see the data that way, though it probably won't show you much that is useful in the non character fields.)

Editing a user space, such as comes back from an API, is something else entirely, I think. To do that correctly the layout of the "fields" in the user space needs to be known. That is where the designer comes in. (And for those folk who have large *CHAR data areas with multiple "fields" an editor can be created to make visible sense of those too, or you can continue to treat the data area as one field equivalent to CHGDTAARA.)

Sam

(comments all based on what iSphere 2.6.0 does.)