Jeff Crosby wrote:
Isn't RDI the replacement for WDSC? Here's part of the transcript. I
snipped out questions not related to ADTS, WDSC, & RDI. It definitely
sounds like it's going to cost us money.
Okay, here's the current situation. I will write about this in detail next week.

1. There are now five separate components: two compiler versions (ILE and "heritage" or legacy), and three tools versions (ADTS, RDi, RDi-SOA).

2. Based on your tier, you are automatically entitled to X seats of ILE, heritage and ADTS.

Okay, here's what is not clear. There is no current upgrade path from ADTS to RDi, but the folks we talked to (including George) insisted they thought it was a good idea and they would establish one. The upgrade path should be zero-cost. IBM made it very clear this was their direction, and Todd Britton has said clearly that an upgrade path "is being considered". If they choose not to do so, then you as the users need to complain long and hard.

There is no WDSC anymore. WDSC is out of marketing and will be out of support in two years. To get similar functionality, you need RDi-SOA. The good news is that RDi-SOA will contain EGL, the bad news is that it might not contain all the other J2EE support.

Joe