Isn't RDI the replacement for WDSC? Here's part of the transcript. I
snipped out questions not related to ADTS, WDSC, & RDI. It definitely
sounds like it's going to cost us money.

<transcript>

Question from Justin Taylor: It is my understanding that the compilers and
developer tools are going from a site license to a user license scheme, and
that existing customers will receive a certain number of licenses based on
their software tier. What products (e.g. SEU, WDSc, etc.) will this include
for existing customers?
GeorgeFarr says: Existing SWMA custonmers will receive x number of user
licenses depending on the tier - for example, a P05 customer will get 4 user
licenses for ILE, heritage compilers, and ADTS (ADTS= SEU, PDM, SDA, and
RLU).

Question from Justin Taylor: Will there be more than one version of WDSc?
If so, what features will be included in each of the versions (e.g. GUI
display and printer file support, EGL, etc.)?
GeorgeFarr says: WDSC will be available up to 7.0. Nothing changes for WDSC
from before. However, we encourage people to move to RDi and RDi SOA.

<snip>

Question from Mkirkpatrick: Are there any circumstances under which one is
entitled to copies of RDi or RDi-S? If not, what is the pricing?
GeorgeFarr says: No chance of entitlement. RDi and RDi SOA are NEW products.
RDi is $795.

<snip>

Jtaylor says: What is the price for RDi SOA, and what extra features does it
have over RDi?
GeorgeFarr says: $1995 - and has all web tooling as well as RBD.

Question from Jean André Mikhaleff: About Rational Developer on System i for
SOA construction : Does this new tool provide a new GUI designer with
frameworks for RPG ILE programs exposed as WebServices via SOA integrated ?
GeorgeFarr says: RDi SOA has a web designer that you can use, RDI SOA
contains EGL which allows you to do web services. RDi SOA contains also a
wizard in RDi that enables you to turn and rpg or COBOL service program or
program into web service.

<snip>

Question from Cliff Russell: How different is RDi from WDSc, as for as
learning it goes and PC hardware requirements?
GeorgeFarr says: Easy or easier to learn, since it focuses on specific
developer role. PC requirement: 1GB memory is real nice, but half will do.

<snip>

Question from Mkirkpatrick: Can we use the RDi products and stay on v5r4?
GeorgeFarr says: You could, but you want to go to V6R1, cause feature in RPG
will be different.

<snip>

Question from Rrperson: Is support and maint for RDi and RDi SOA covered
existing s/w subscription agreements?
GeorgeFarr says: RDi and RDi SOA are not part of the group SS or SWMA. When
you buy RDI and RDi SOA you can buy their own SWMA.

<snip>

Question from Rrperson: Whats the cost of swma for RDi and RDi SOA?
GeorgeFarr says: I don't have the final price, but normally it is about
20-25% of the price for the year.

<snip>

Question from Gunslinger: Where can we find details on RDi and RDi SOA?
GeorgeFarr says: following URL:
http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/announce/systems/i/ . Just FYI, we will
have many sessions on this topic at COMMON

<snip>

Question from Angus: Now that you have RDi and RDi-SOA, what is the future
for WDSc and WDSC-AE?
GeorgeFarr says: Another excellent question, WDSC and WDSC AE will be
announced to have end of marketing and we will be ending support on both of
these products in April 2010. We encourage our customers to take the step
and move to RDi and RDi SOA.

</transcript>