And RBDE is another $1500 per user (D6105LL), or $2630 per floating user
(D6103LL).

JK

On Wed Jan 30 15:06 , Buck sent:

Joe Pluta wrote:

> Anyway, user-based pricing is here to stay. Now if only IBM would
> figure out a reasonable price, put it up front, and offer a normal
> entry-level strategy, be it community edition (full featured but no
> support), crippleware (missing enterprise features, or with size
> limitations) or timed expiration, and make sure pricing is clear and
> concise from the get-go, I think we'll be okay.

Rational doesn't make it easy to spend your money. Try starting at
rational.com and then buying a copy of WDSCi (the advanced edition is
about $4600US according to
https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/buyingtools/paexpress/Express\?P0=E1&part_number=D5165LL,D51LPLL,&catalogLocale=en_US&Locale=en_US&country=USA&S_TACT=none&S_CMP=none)

I'm not arguing. I'm not complaining. I'm stating a fact as neutrally
as I can. If you find the situation less than optimum, please use your
influence to let the Rational people know about it.

Optimally, an individual developer (say someone who wants an additional
license for his laptop) ought to be able to either download the software
or load it from media he already has and then go online, plunk down a
credit card and get the activation code.

Just my opinion. No response is needed; I'm not arguing - I'm agreeing.
If Rational wants to sell user-based software, they'd better try
pricing and distribution the way all the other user-based places do it.
Adobe Photoshop may be a decent example.
--buck

---- Msg sent via Internet America Webmail -
http://www.internetamerica.com/