On 7/13/06, Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It can take a bit, as Mike said, for the order to actually arrive, BUT
your BP should know what is chargeable, what you have licensed, etc.

See, this is the thing I wonder about.  If the BP doesn't know whether
something like this is chargeable, that would raise some red flags with me.
Yes, Sirius deals with more than just iSeries/i5/Series i, but doggone it,
if you're an IBM BP, you darned well better know this stuff.  Or, at least,
know how to find it out quickly.

I don't have to go through a system group or even my boss for these kinds
of things: just email the BP and, unless he's out of town, I've got a
confirmation within an hour that the order has been placed.

Yeah, I remember those good old days.  I've got some nightmare stories to
tell about being a new person in a large organization and not knowing and
playing the political mine field just right.  I'm too new here to take that
initiative on my own, so I'll just keep my boss posted and let her decide
when to turn me into a growling lion.  <g>

Al (my BP) apparently knows what he's doing; but, then,. we always
suspected that (as well as a few other things).

A paraphrase on the old saying:  A good BP is hard to find.

- Dan