It's worth the time to go through the tutorials and learn how to use
RSE.

Try this link to learn RSE for RPG,
http://127.0.0.1:56433/TutorialGallery/topic/com.ibm.etools.iseries.tuto
rials.rse.doc/index.htm.

If the link does not work, go to Help | Welcome to open the Welcome
screen (if it's not already open).  Click on the icon of a chalk board.
This shows a bunch of tutorials.  On the right top (on my system) there
is a tutorial "Understanding the workbench environment", click that.
That brings up a web browser with a left and right pane view.  In the
left pane you should see "Do and Learn", click the plus symbol.  Down
the list is a topic "Maintain an ILE RPG application using Remote System
Explorer".

I believe this should cover quite a bit of the RSE for you (I have never
been through V6.0).  There are many posts about using the RSE to develop
in the archive.  Spend some time there too.

Thanks, Matt