From: Mark Phippard [mailto:MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 1:15 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Re: New version of WDSC

Claus,

Thank you for your reply.

The announcement says it will be available electronically on September 27.
 Does that mean there will be some kind of installer that can be
downloaded, as opposed to waiting for a CD or DVD?

When you reference the Update Manager, are you saying that starting with
5.1 you will start using it to deliver fixes, or are you saying that we
will be able to use the Update Manager in 5.01 to update to 5.1?

For what it is worth, I would like to see more "smaller" updates start to
be made available in the future.  A good example, is that problem in the
RPGLE Outline View that causes a crash.  Once that was identified, it
would have been nice if an update could have been made available by Update
Manager.  I do now that it is not always as easy as that sounds, but that
should be the goal.

Mark

"Claus Weiss" <weiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/06/2003 01:41 PM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries