Aaron hit it on the head...
In library IPGCFF4 you will find:
ICF03PHY    *FILE       PF-DTA      Application Detail Header
ICF04ARC    *FILE       PF-DTA      Application Details Archive
ICF04PHY    *FILE       PF-DTA      Application Details

These are the 3 files that JBA uses for tracking the user license limits
etc...
I'm not sure how the Archive file gets populated, ours is empty...

The header seems to contain a summary of the current number of active
users...
 File.....: IPGCFF4/ICF03PHY       Rcd Fmt...: ICF03R       No. Fmts:     1
 File Text: Application Detail Header                           Flds:     4
 Field       Size   Typ Description                                   Posn.
 APSR03         1    A  Application Source                                1
 APPL03         2    A  Application Code                                  2
 RLSL03         2    A  Release level                                     4
 USNO03         5  0 P  Number of Users                                   6

For example:
Record#  APSR03 APPL03 RLSL03 USNO03
      1    O      21     V3     141

And of course the Authorization codes are stored in:
APG90PHY    *FILE       PF-DTA      Application Authorisation Codes File
APG91PHY    *FILE       PF-DTA      User Authorisation Codes
But these won't be of much use to you...

And here is another file that can get large if you do not purge it...:
APG99PHY    *FILE       PF-DTA      Error Log File

Who knows what would happen if you were to alter the records in ICF03PHY or
ICF04PHY...?
If you changed the date stamp of a record in ICF04PHY to 9999999 or reduced
the number of users on the ICF03PHY record that might get you over the
hump, but it might trigger some other problems behind the scenes...
Use caution...  Doing something like that may also be a violation of your
contract...