No the ideas are not "novel" - they were basically being discussed 25+ years ago.

In general IBM has not been in favour of partial solutions to issues such as this and it is not as if the prototyping requirements are that arduous.

If Barbara comes up with one of her usual brilliant solutions I will be the first to jump up and down with joy. But I'm not holding my breath because I just don't see the pay back being worth the expenditure. Would you rather have more Db2 enhancements or RPG language enhancements (procedure overloading or typeless parameters perhaps) or something that removes the new for prototypes?

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com