Von: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von
Thomas Raddatz
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Februar 2018 08:52
An: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Betreff: AW: 7.1 and RPG prototypes

Hi Barbara,

The procedure was called by another module, but it was also called
internally. And when sombody changed the procedure interface, he forgot to
change the prototype. Before that somebody else forgot to include the /copy
with the prototype to the module containing the callee. Everything compiled
fine, but the call from the external module did not work because of a
parameter mismatch. The last parameter contained nothing but garbage and I
wondered why.

I took me too long to find the problem, because I did not think at the
prototype.

Opening a RFE is a good idea.

Thomas.