John Y,

I must say I like reading your responses. Thorough and thoughtful.

I've only got a little to add. Many (all?) of the PASE OSS languages have
a number of tight integrations into C libraries for scenarios where C can
do things faster (i.e. encryption) or out of necessity (i.e. communicating
with the SQL CLI APIs). I make mention of this because ILE affords simple
integration between languages. I haven't done a comparison of how simple
calling from one language to another is in PASE vs. ILE, just wanted to
convey it exists, works well, and is part of many foundational
functionalities.

Here are some examples...
Node.js: https://nodejs.org/api/addons.html
Ruby: http://guides.rubygems.org/gems-with-extensions/

Aaron Bartell
IBM i hosting, starting at $157/month. litmis.com/spaces

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 7:52 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>