Um, OK. I think you jumped a few expository steps there. :) I agree Ruby
has some nice syntax. I don't see how you're relating/contrasting it to
RPG. (This might just be because I don't know Ruby well enough.)

Comparing Ruby's syntax to RPG's latest freeform is a harder (unfair?)
comparison because of data type declarations required in RPG (Ruby will be
inherently cleaner). Before getting to that, and while digging up some RPG
100% freeform docs, I stumbled on the following discourse at the bottom of
this RPG tutorial: http://krengel.tech/dw-rpg-hellow (scroll to the bottom
of the page). In short, these are just a short list of things required to
use RPG 100% freeform (if this, then install that PTF, if that, then make
sure you are in column 7, etc) and what drives me nuts.

Hm. Forgive my ignorance, but what language(s) are you trying to get into
QSYS.LIB?

None, currently.

Aaron Bartell
IBM i hosting, starting at $157/month. litmis.com/spaces

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:33 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>