From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:45 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: RPG retrieval of MSGID text

Replying to my own post...

OK. two problems I haven't solved:

First, writing an initial screen with the MSGIDs as hidden fields yields the messages I want in my RPG program program. The bad part is that I can't figure out how to write & read the screen without it ever appearing to the user, and without needing a user to click the screen to advance. Is there a way to write & read with no stop & no flash?

Second, since I am trying to use this to show different languages, is there someone willing to translate these messages into French & German (or any other language for that matter). If so, please send the translations to my e-mail. Thank you.

Opt Message ID Severity Message Text
UTLCF03 0 F3=Exit
UT12001 0 Center text in field
UT12002 0 Type text to be centered:
UT12003 0 & friends
UT12004 0 German
UT12005 0 English
UT12007 0 French
UT12050 0 -= Center Text in field =-

(I am looking forward to adding this page to my web site.)