From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2014 3:01 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: PSDS source informations availability

Ah!!! You want message files.

Give all your user translations a message number and program for the message number and then have translation copies of your message files.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcl%2Fcrtmsgf.htm

On 1/17/2014 2:48 PM, Marco Benetti wrote:

I will try to explain better.

All my programs call a program to retrieve the translations of the sentences used.
I have a phisical file where are stored the translations of the sentences used by my program.
In the keys of the file there is the program name and library.
Until recently, I used the object name, but now problems have emerged with the copies used to avoid recursion problems.
The copy of a program need to retrive the same translation of the original program.
So I decided to use the source member information.

I hope I explained myself more clearly.

Marco