On 3/28/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I understand.  And I suppose one person could create a service program,
> compile it and put it on a website for those who do not have the SQL
> tools.

You mean like at RPGNext.com?  Here are a list of available date functions
in the free service programs...

   -
createDate<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_createDate.php>-
Create a date from a String
   -
getDateStrEUR<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateStrEUR.php>-
Return a *EUR formatted date string.
   -
getDateStrISO<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateStrISO.php>-
Return a *ISO formatted date string.
   -
getDateStrUSA<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateStrUSA.php>-
Return a *USA formatted date string.
   -
getDateStrMIL<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateStrMIL.php>-
Return a Military formatted date string.
   -
getDateDayNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateDayNum.php>-
Get the Numeric day of the week from a date.
   -
getTSDayNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSDayNum.php>-
Get the Numeric day of the week from a timestamp.
   -
getDateDayName<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateDayName.php>-
Get the name of the day of the week from a date.
   -
getTSDayName<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSDayName.php>-
Get the name of the day of the week from a timestamp.
   -
getDateMonName<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateMonName.php>-
Get the name of the month from a date.
   -
getTSMonName<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSMonName.php>-
Get the name of the month from a timestamp.
   -
inDateRange<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_inDateRange.php>-
Determine whether or not a date is within a given range.
   -
lastDayOfMonth<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_lastDayOfMonth.php>-
Get the number of the last day of the given month.
   -
setDateField<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_setDateField.php>-
Change a date sub-field.
   -
setTSField<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_setTSField.php>-
Change a timestamp sub-field.
   -
getTSString<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSString.php>-
Get the String representation of a timestamp.
   -
getCentury<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getCentury.php>-
Get the century byte from a date.
   -
getDateCYMD<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateCYMD.php>-
Get the 7,0 CYYMMDD numeric value of a date.
   -
dateAsInteger<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_dateAsInteger.php>-
Get the 6 or 8 digit integer representation of a date.
   -
findDate<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_findDate.php>-
Finds the first, next, or last occurance of a given date in the
month/year
   requested.
   -
getDateWeekNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateWeekNum.php>-
Get the number of the week from a date.
   -
getTSWeekNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSWeekNum.php>-
Get the number of the week from a timestamp.
   -
getDateJulianNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateJulianNum.php>-
Get the julian number of the day from a date.
   -
getTSJulianNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSJulianNum.php>-
Get the julian number of the day from a timestamp.
   -
getDateQuarterNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getDateQuarterNum.php>-
Get the Quarter number from a date.
   -
getTSQuarterNum<http://www.rpgnext.com/docs/rnbdates/xRPG_procedures_getTSQuarterNum.php>-
Get the Quarter number from a timestamp.

And these are just the DATE routines... some of these use SQL and some of
them don't.

--
Joel Cochran
www.rpgnext.com