James,

> Is ... what you are looking for?

Yes, thank you.  I didn't find it with a quick search of the iSeries
Information Center.  Maybe I should have used Google.  :)

So let's say you wanted the byte at row 12, column 24 to be "blue,
column separators, blink, underline, reverse image".  You should be
able to do it by outputing these bytes in the data stream:

  x'11'  x'0C'  x'18'  = Set buffer address to row 12, column 24
  x'12'  x'01'  x'9D'  = WEA for column separators, blink underline,
and reverse image
  x'12'  x'03'  x'82'  = WEA for blue foreground

Note that when using a real twinax terminal, it requires using the
so-called Enhanced WS controller, but that has been around since
around early V2 days as I recall.  The terminal would also need to
support WEA orders.

When using emulators, in theory they should support WEA if emulating a
terminal model which supports WEA.  But I doubt many have rigorous
testing of some of those functions, if they attempt to support them at
all.

You can also use DSM apis to query whether the device (supposedly)
supports WEA orders.

Doug