From: MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:39 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: SQLRPGLE - Dynamic selection

something like this:

     DgetItemData      PR            40
     D itnbr                         15    CONST
     D year                           4  0 CONST

     PgetItemData      B                   Export
     DgetItemData      PI            40
     D itnbr                         15    CONST
     D year                           4  0 CONST

     ditemDS           ds
     D itdsc                         30    overlay(itemDs:*next)
     D itcls                          4    overlay(itemds:*next)
     D itacim                         3    overlay(itemDs:*next)
     D unmsr                          2    overlay(itemDs:*next)
     D valuc                          1    overlay(itemDs:*Next)
     Dnulls            S              5i 0
     DsqlStmt          S            250
     DfileName         S             21

     c                   reset                   itemDs

     c                   eval      fileName = 'Yearend/Itemasa' +
     c                              %subst(%editc(year:'X'):3:2)

     c                   eval      sqlStmt = 'SELECT itdsc, itcls, itacim,
+
     c                                          unmsr, valuc +
     C                                         FROM ' + %trim(fileName) +
     C                                        ' WHERE itnbr = ''' +
     C                                          %trim(itnbr) + ''''

     C/exec sql
     C+ PREPARE stmt from :sqlStmt
     c/end-exec

     c/exec sql