     eval      statement = 'Select '
               + %trim(Field1) + ','
               + %trim(field2) +
               ' from ' + %trim(filename)

C/EXEC SQL
C+ PREPARE SQLSTMNT FROM :statement
C/END-EXEC

C/EXEC SQL
C+ DESCRIBE SQLSTMNT INTO :SQLDA USING ALL
C/END-EXEC

C/EXEC SQL
C+ DECLARE A1 CURSOR FOR SQLSTMNT
C/END-EXEC
...etc.

Hope this helps.

Russell Conerly

-------------------
> Can someone send me a sample of an imbedded SQL process that reads
records from a file that is a variable?  I can get the dynamics
working using other variables for selection, just not the file name.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

> Tracy L. Ball
> The Jackson Group
> Sr. Programmer/Analyst
> (317) 781-4600 ext. 3107

one CPP. Use that command as a user defined option in PDM.

> The only thing you have to figure out is to tell the CRTPGM what
modules,*SRVPGM, binding directories/sources should be used to create
the final executable.

> Just my option.
>
> Regards,
> Carel Teijgeler

> On 20-2-03 at 12:43 Dan wrote:
>
> >I know this has been discussed before, but a couple of searches
turned up
> >nothing in the archives.
> > (So feel free to either point me to specific archive posts or the
search
> >terms you used.)
> >
> >I am looking for an already-invented wheel that someone would be
willing
> >to share that can be used as a PDM option; replacements for options
14 & 15.  (I've finally had it
> >with not having any way to change the command default for DBGVIEW
on our dev box.)

> >Ideally, this would be a "smart" option, which uses &N, &F, &L, and
&T, to
> >decide which source member to compile, and with which command it
should be compiled.  Another
> >parameter should handle the preference to compile as a program or
as a module.

> >Ideally, it would handle CLP, RPG, RPGLE, SQLRPGLE, (and more)
member