fkany@averittexpress.com wrote:

<snip>
        I have a CL pgm that creates FILE_A in QTEMP with a CPYF command
then does
        an OVRDBF (FILE_A) TOFILE(QTEMP/FILE_A), then RPG III program is
called.
        The RPG III program gets called just fine, but no data is being
written to
        the file that was created in QTEMP.  When FILE_A was compiled LVLCHK
was
        set to *YES.  Why would RPG III pgm be called and then not write to
        FILE_A?
        Is it because the RPG III progam is using the file that was created
in
        QTEMP?

<snip>
        I'm not sure if the records are writing out on the production box.
I know
        one thing, everything works on the development box when I recompile
        everything as it should.  So, I'm just going to recompile everything
and
        send it back over to the production box.  If I had recompiled all
the
        objects correctly in the first place I wouldn't be wondering why
it's doing
        some of the things it's doing on the production box ;-) <g>.  Have a
good
        Friday everyone.

Hi Frank! You may have already solved this, and you've received some good
advice already. Just a couple of other things you might want to consider for
the future:

*       Make sure that the program object you are running is in synch with
the source that you "think" is running. I know you said you didn't recompile
the programs after the file change. Perhaps there were changes made to the
program sources that you are expecting to function in a certain way, but the
sources were never compiled...? Or, an attempt was made to compile the
programs, but the compiles failed and you were distracted and missed it and
didn't realize that the old objects are still in place. You wouldn't be the
first RPG programmer in history to make these mistakes!
*       Did you step through the program in debug? You can verify that the
program is actually writing to FILE_A.
*       Also, in debug, you can DSPOVR to make sure your override is in
place.

HTH!
Jeff