  • Subject: RE: RPG IV and CF-spec "keep it IBM"
  • From: "Hatzenbeler, Tim" <thatzenbeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:47:24 -0700

Bob,
Instead on bashing a feature that seems to be coming any way, why not
exploit it to sell more books, Scott K, showed a perfect example on how the
readability of indented CF specs will help the maintainability of code.

And all were really talking abut here is the ability to indent your code.
And no longer having to use vague indicators to check for the condition of
an i/o operation.  If you can't sell people on the advantage's of that your
not trying very hard....

As for ILE I feel that would be a harder concept to grasp and adopt  for
legacy shop's.  But I wouldn't scare people away from the new features of
RPG IV just because they don't want to use ILE.

tim.