I appreciate the thoughts, John, and concur.  To learn about open source, and installers, and some of the intricacies of this particular endeavor I think starting on my PC (I think I mentioned WSL Ubuntu, which is a pretty slick package) would provide a much more fundamental understanding.  But the original draw for MKDocs was the "do these three command and you're up" concept, and I tried to stay true to that.

That being said, it might be time to throw in the towel.  Even my Google-foo was unable to give me a brief lay person's overview of the ResourceConflict issue I am having, and so it might be time to redirect my efforts a little bit.