I've used @ iin passwords as caproate without a problem
Glenn Ericson 718 898 9805 gericson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 05:14:44 PM EDT, Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/30/2023 4:05 PM, John Yeung wrote:

I don't think the expectation to be *able* to use '@' in a password
necessarily has to do with wanting to recycle. I think it mainly has
to do with the idea that using "special characters" increases password
strength. And this idea is reinforced by many sources.

At the risk of excessive thread drift, I use a password manager, and I
tell it to generate a random 32 character password for a new account.
That random string definitely has special characters including '@'. Yes,
it's adjustable both is terms of length and composition, but more of
each is better at slowing down brute force and rainbow attacks.

Personally, I don't see the solution to this behaviour as simple as
'choose another character in your password.' How would I maintain a
database of email addresses?

I guess the big picture answer is that I need to know the CCSID of the
target system/job/user and set up a specific ACS session with matching
CCSID.