Hello Jim,

Am 04.04.2023 um 16:36 schrieb Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

That does not change the fact that IBM will enforce its rights on the documentation even though it may be distributed in the public domain already, by IBM.

I know. They already have and I complied. Chapter closed.

New chapter: Get official permission to continue my service.

This is a situation that you have very little chance of getting anywhere with.

Well, I want to try. Many things stay the way they are because people think a status quo can't be changed.

The best you can do is have a site that references links to the IBM web site (if that link exists any longer) and publish those.

This is largely moot because my initial motivation to do it was the unavailability of older documentation directly from IBM. It's highly annoying when you look at some 5250 help text or other (current) documentation's cross reference summary to just learn it's not available from the IBM publications website. An awful *lot* of documentation has vanished when IBM did sunset the public IBM Library server!

I don't want IBM to change the copyright status of existing, or future documents. I appreciate the work creating good documentation! My goal is to have *official exceptional permission* to make publicly available *unaltered* documentation, past, present and future. Future, because what has not been written today will be outdated tomorrow, and again deleted from the IBM servers for no apparent reason, as the past proves.

:wq! PoC