If you really want to use the IBM SMTP server, I would suggest you contact
IBM support and explain the issues.

This is especially true if you want to use the smtp-relay.gmail.com as the
middle. It's been getting hammered by spammers and phishing lately... and
is really meant for devices (like printers and fax machines) that can't be
configured to use the proper smtp.gmail.com server which uses TLS and your
account credentials (they have a TLS option in their SMTP server also but
they require a scope that almost no one will be allowed be verified in
their apps.. long story.. I've been through that with Google a couple times
now).

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 11:55 AM James H. H. Lampert via MIDRANGE-L <