I have a HP Laptop and it occasionally interferes with ACS/Client access
function keys.
I tracked it down to the laptop function keys - they keys that change
brightness, volume etc.
I set them to lock so I have to press the FN key for them to work and that
fixed the problem.
One handy workaround on ACS is to use the function key display at
the bottom of the screen - I often have to resort to this if I am using
Citrix.