From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Stephen Landess
Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:21 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PTF's

All -

After working since 1989 as a consultant I recently changed jobs, and one of my new duties is system administration.

My new employer operates very lean but not chintzy - we have current software support contracts for everything, including any non-IBM software. I'll eventually replace my boss who is the current wears-all-the-hats person (IBM i admin, JDE admin and all necessary program development / bug fixes).

Hopefully I'll be able to persuade them to buy me a copy of RDI !

It has been a long time since I worked with PTF's.

One concern is that no PTF's have been applied on this system since they went thru a system upgrade in 2019, so I need to determine what is needed and get the PTF's and TR's installed.

Data area . . . . . . . : QSS1MRI
Library . . . . . . . : QUSRSYS
Type . . . . . . . . . : *CHAR
Length . . . . . . . . : 750
Text . . . . . . . . . :

Value
Offset *...+....1....+....2....+....3

WRKPTFGRP shows:
Work with PTF Groups
System: XXX
Type options, press Enter.
1=Order 4=Delete 5=Display 6=Print 8=Display special handling PTFs
9=Display related PTF groups 10=Display PTF apply information

Opt PTF Group Level Status
SF99876 8 Installed
SF99876 6 Installed
SF99875 17 Installed
SF99875 14 Installed
SF99867 2 Installed
SF99731 10 Installed
SF99730 19116 Installed
SF99730 18025 Installed
SF99729 84 Installed
SF99729 56 Installed
SF99728 41 Installed
SF99728 27 Installed
SF99727 6 Installed
SF99727 4 Installed
SF99725 12 Installed
SF99725 8 Installed
SF99724 27 Installed
SF99724 19 Installed
SF99723 4 Installed
SF99722 18 Installed
SF99722 14 Installed
SF99703 15 Installed
SF99703 9 Installed
SF99581 5 Installed
SF99433 2 Related group
SF99333 4 Related group
SF99252 8 Installed
SF99225 6 Installed

PTF group . . . . . . . . : SF99730
Level . . . . . . . . . . : 19116
Status . . . . . . . . . . : Installed
Target release . . . . . . : V7R3M0
Text . . . . . . : CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C9116730

PTF group . . . . . . . . : SF99730
Level . . . . . . . . . . : 18025
Status . . . . . . . . . . : Installed
Target release . . . . . . : V7R3M0
Text . . . . . . : CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C8025730

Thanks for any guidance, I'm currently looking at the IBM i PTF guide at https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.3?topic=system-displaying-level-fixes

Regards,
Steve Landess
(512) 289-0387