Here is what I would do.
Pull down the latest respin and slip LIC.
Then install the latest groups.

That should prevent the normal pitfalls of jumping TRs when applying the latest PTFs.

from: Stephen Landess <steve_landess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: PTF's

All -

After working since 1989 as a consultant I recently changed jobs, and one of my new duties is system administration.

My new employer operates very lean but not chintzy - we have current software support contracts for everything, including any non-IBM software. I'll eventually replace my boss who is the current wears-all-the-hats person (IBM i admin, JDE admin and all necessary program development / bug fixes).

Hopefully I'll be able to persuade them to buy me a copy of RDI !

It has been a long time since I worked with PTF's.

One concern is that no PTF's have been applied on this system since they went thru a system upgrade in 2019, so I need to determine what is needed and get the PTF's and TR's installed.

Data area . . . . . . . : QSS1MRI
Library . . . . . . . : QUSRSYS
Type . . . . . . . . . : *CHAR
Length . . . . . . . . : 750
Text . . . . . . . . . :

Value
Offset *...+....1....+....2....+....3

WRKPTFGRP shows:
Work with PTF Groups
System: XXX
Type options, press Enter.
1=Order 4=Delete 5=Display 6=Print 8=Display special handling PTFs
9=Display related PTF groups 10=Display PTF apply information

Opt PTF Group Level Status
SF99876 8 Installed
SF99876 6 Installed
SF99875 17 Installed
SF99875 14 Installed
SF99867 2 Installed
SF99731 10 Installed
SF99730 19116 Installed
SF99730 18025 Installed
SF99729 84 Installed
SF99729 56 Installed
SF99728 41 Installed
SF99728 27 Installed
SF99727 6 Installed
SF99727 4 Installed
SF99725 12 Installed
SF99725 8 Installed
SF99724 27 Installed
SF99724 19 Installed
SF99723 4 Installed
SF99722 18 Installed
SF99722 14 Installed
SF99703 15 Installed
SF99703 9 Installed
SF99581 5 Installed
SF99433 2 Related group
SF99333 4 Related group
SF99252 8 Installed
SF99225 6 Installed

PTF group . . . . . . . . : SF99730
Level . . . . . . . . . . : 19116
Status . . . . . . . . . . : Installed
Target release . . . . . . : V7R3M0
Text . . . . . . : CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C9116730

PTF group . . . . . . . . : SF99730
Level . . . . . . . . . . : 18025
Status . . . . . . . . . . : Installed
Target release . . . . . . : V7R3M0
Text . . . . . . : CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C8025730

Thanks for any guidance, I'm currently looking at the IBM i PTF guide at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ibm.com_docs_en_i_7.3-3Ftopic-3Dsystem-2Ddisplaying-2Dlevel-2Dfixes&d=DwICAg&c=AY-yVZ-DdqDeX_Emj_gQCkuxsL_QuG_4YQ-FxcTYVkY&r=3HmdsZESHvzaTBSHTdB6CStwTAVF1kiyCWu3SC-2oh0&m=RdhfDBbr1hkLWZhvrND5yfMkPXWo8Y6fjifJVg3Cy2DnAXEYRze5W57hZUCHBiDG&s=S8ImHwE2QisVEZBhfV9WVWTk-19TAU4IOHJRLUU-azI&e=

Regards,
Steve Landess
(512) 289-0387

This email message, including any attachment(s) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender by email.