Unless I’m missing a part of the thread, this was about network server storage. In that case they are all communication devices, therefore *CMN as opposed to *STG.

Larry and others have identified the real problem and the solution is to dynamically add the devices, (Larry’s script command) and the save the profile so on next IPL you don’t lose them.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects