Laurence -

1. If that is the actual command, the TGTRLS parameter could be updated
to reflect the current releases of your systems (V7R1 instead of V5R4).
You aren't really hurting anything if you don't change it but if you get an
object that requires a higher release of OS support than V5R4, you won't be
able to save it with this particular command due to the V5R4 specification.

2. If you're happy with the process as it is - you can make the suggested
tweaks and proceed as usual

3. Yes, you have the concept - this is a differential save. SAVOBJ and
SAVCHGOBJ are both restored with the RSTOBJ command - it will restore
objects from your SAVF regardless of how they were saved. You can also use
RSTOBJ to restore objects saved with the SAVLIB command should you perform
a SAVLIB and only need to restore 1 or 2 objects rather than the entire
library.

4. see #3 above.

Do you have BRMS on your system? (GO LICPGM option 10 - look for
5770-BR1). If so, is it being used? You referenced BRMS in your initial
email, which brought about a couple of responses regarding its' use in
resolving your issue. If you have BRMS, you may wish to review those

Thanks,

Steve McKay
(205) 585-8424
samckay1@xxxxxxxxx