Turned out to be only an extra hour or so longer than usual day.
While waiting for the part to come from Detroit we gutted the old planar board to get ready. That takes quite some time.

Observations:

New planar board will come with some ancient version of firmware loaded. Some may think that's a good thing, if they have an old HMC and want to still talk to it. Turns out, old as it was, it was still supported on our latest HMC code. I upgraded it to the latest firmware. Downloading the latest firmware while waiting for the part to arrive is not a bad plan.

CE did a good job of recording what he could before removing old planar board. ASMI will talk to it. You end up losing a bunch of stuff like:
- IP addresses used by your HMC/ASMI

HMC had to recover all the partition data to the new planar. Recovering is a step you have to remember to take. IDK if the HMC just has the partition data or if it really helps to do the Save Upgrade Data and/or Backup stuff on the HMC on a periodic basis.

The HMC password on the planar will get reset. So, once you get your local HMC talking to it you probably want to ensure you get your other HMC talking to it too.

We had some memory issues. Ended up doing some stuff in ASMI to deconfig/reconfig memory and reset the one memory board.
We also had an expansion cable come undone which had to be found and fixed.

CE ended up using torx, phillips, standard screwdrivers and a 5.5mm nut driver. Sometimes for the same subassembly and in close proximity to each other.
He ended up only needing one bandaid by the time he was done. Sharp edges, have some handy.

When you're done going into each lpar SST and closing the newly opened tickets is a good idea. Not a bad idea to have the CE review them while he's there first. Also have him review/clear Open serviceable events from ALL of your HMC's while he's there.

BTW, same CE was in less than two weeks ago to replace a hard drive on that same machine. Prior to that it's been a long time since I've seen him.