This is my last comment one this topic - I'm really surprised that neither Scott or Brian has said anything because I know that they know the answers better than I do - that said.

While you may understand how OA is _often_ used Nathan (i.e. when refacing existing 5250 programs) it is also abundantly clear that you don't understand how it _can_ be used.

The simple fact of the matter is that OA enabled products have allowed many customers to give new life to their 5250 apps - in some cases buying them the time to re-do the apps "properly". It has enabled programmers with no web skills to develop forward looking apps while still using many of their existing skills. I know of many cases (as I'm sure do Profound, Rocket, Freshe, and others) where the IBM i would probably not be a presence in the shop any longer if it were not for their products. If a shop has the time, skills, and budget to redevelop everything then of course they can produce a better more efficient app. But that's not the reality most shops face and to pretend otherwise is just silly.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com