" But you give up the ability to respond to any type of event that may occur at any time within web browsers."

No - you don't have to. Many of the limitations we perceive with 5250s are imposed by Workstation Data Management. But using OA WDM is not in play - so neither are the limitations.

I'm not saying that completely designing a new modern UI should be done with an OA handler approach - although I've seen it done very very well. But your perception of what it can and cannot do is slewed by 5250 thinking.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com