Big fan of the ETI SPHiNX Products. Been using them for years and have many happy customers using them. They can connect Fiber or SAS and can be configured as a drive or library or multiples. To IBM i they report in as a 3584-032 and the drives can be anything from LTO1 to LTO7 though it actually doesn't matter for capacity OR throughput since they are virtual.

You can indeed to a full system restore (a.k.a. "D-More" IPL) from them and I have done so many times.

BRMS has no clue it's not an IBM library. Biggest difference is tape loading is near instantaneous because the 'virtual robot' inside the thing works at the speed of light! :-) Things like DSPTAP OUTPUT(*PRINT) take just seconds.

Web interface for management that's quite simple. Support encrypted disks and replication to remote SPHiNX with deduplication.

Highly recommended.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com