Yes that is the way in MI. It actually is stamped "Permanent Trailer". Not sure what happens when the plate rusts to oblivion... I tried to get a new plate for my pickup at one point and they told me I had to visit the SOS office for that and could not do so on line. So I just kept the rusted hulk in the cab. Eventually an officer wrote me a note to the SOS that said: "This guy needs a new plate" and they sent me one in the mail. Hilariously I had to return the rusted bits to them. LOL!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com