IBM i Slated to Support Java 11
https://www.itjungle.com/2018/07/25/ibm-i-slated-to-support-java-11/

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:45 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Has IBM announced any reaction to Oracle's announced end of public updates for JDK 8

Another piece of this puzzle.
Oracle was only referring to the Java SE in the announcement.
There is Java SDK, JRE, JVM, Java SE Runtime, and J2SE.
Most of our Java deployments are SDK or JRE.
Our IT folks conclusion is this announcement will have little or no impact.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Java-SDK-JRE-JVM-Java-SE-Runtime-and-J2SE

Paul