From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DrFranken
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:52 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: i 7.1 Extended Support (WAS IBM announces end of service
dates(nomore maintenance) for various Power 6 and Power 7 platforms )

Instead of indulging in speculation, I connected with Alison and she
assures me that Extended Support offerings are usually announced 4-6
month prior to the EoS date. IBM is well-aware of client budget cycles.
However, while there is nothing official at this time, it is IBM's
intent to announce an extended service offering for IBM i 7.1. As the
transition from 7.1 to 7.2 or 7.3 is straightforward, do not expect that
the price for extended support will be the same as SWMA. There will be
an uplift. In addition, keep in mind that as has been stated, some of
the older versions of Java are going out of service at the end of this
year. That's not out of service for just IBM i, but a statement from
Oracle that they will end-of-life those versions. Those and any other
software features from third parties that also go out of service are
obviously going to be excluded from an extended service agreement.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com