Gidday Brad,

Do you use Query ? (STRQRY, RUNQRY) If yes read on if not ignore the
message.

One thing to be careful of is if you are licensed for Query - previously
5733-QU1

IBM in their wisdom :-) repackaged Query and Web Query into one product
being 5733-WQE.

This problem really only surfaces if you do an upgrade, for example ...

If you were not licensed for Web Query at say V6R1 you would have no
entitlement at V7R3 unless you purchase maintenance on 5733-WQE which
includes entitlement to use the previous product of 5733-QU1..

In this case to get a license to Query requires software maintenance on
the repackaged Web Query product. If as you say you have no need for Web
Query then you can drop maintenance for that component in the future.

This is very confusing and trying to explain this to customers is so much
fun :-( but we have always been able to get a reduced rate for the SWMA on
WQE in this situation via special bid where Web Query is not required.

Don Brown