From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 12:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: IBM SWMA... meanings

You could try IBM chat, like this:

Please wait for your IBM Live Advisor to respond.
Info at 13:42, Aug 7:
You are now chatting with cameshae.
cameshae at 13:42, Aug 7:
Hi, and thanks for accepting our chat service. My name is Camesha, and how
may I assist you today?
You at 13:42, Aug 7:
what is 5733SPP?
cameshae at 13:43, Aug 7:
Let me see what I can find on that number for you.
cameshae at 13:44, Aug 7:
It is a software maintenance part number for an older version of the IBM i
operating system.
cameshae at 13:44, Aug 7:
It was called OS400 then.
cameshae at 13:45, Aug 7:
Any particular reason for this information?
You at 13:45, Aug 7:
Yes. Getting latest version of IBM i and it wants me to get that.
cameshae at 13:46, Aug 7:
Are you currently using a P5 series hardware?
You at 13:46, Aug 7:
Power 8
You at 13:47, Aug 7:
P5 doesn't support 7.3
cameshae at 13:47, Aug 7:
No, more likely we'll quote you base on your current system and the
coverage you need.
You at 13:48, Aug 7:
So, can you tell me what the details are for 5733SPP?
cameshae at 13:48, Aug 7:
Whether you require 9x5 or 24x7.
cameshae at 13:48, Aug 7:
That is a 1 year software contract, and it may not be available anymore.
cameshae at 13:49, Aug 7:
What is your machine type and serial number?
cameshae at 13:49, Aug 7:
As that was from the P5 series.
You at 13:49, Aug 7:
This is one of those "asking for a friend" situations.
cameshae at 13:50, Aug 7:
OK, I understand. Anyway, with a machine type and serial number I could
check to see what is on the system right now.