Tim,
You are reading the manual for a Power6 520 while having a Power5 520, They
are not the same. Power5 doesn't have a HEA. You can use the integrated
5706 adapter for console lan duties, but you have to understand what the
65+21 functions page explains and how the 65+21 combo works. Whenever I
deal with lan console and old machines I google 65+21 and usually have no
problem finding the data, I haven't done it in a while and can't right now,
but try searching for those keywords, maybe include slot names like C3 C5
C4 and you might find it.
Best of luck,

Roberto

Best