> One oddity is the address to route through. Some places I just see
> the nfs serving lpar (usually the hosting lpar). Some places I see
> the same three octets followed by .1, as if there's a mythical router
> in between. Seems to work though.

It's actually PURE IP. If both host and client are in the same subnet (normal) it doesn't much matter if you lie about the router! For 'descriptive' purposes I point the router back to the host LPAR if on the same subnet. I have used an actual router though to good effect.

In our case the hosting LPAR is on another machine completely. It's remaining job in life is to be 'boot dude' and PTF host. OK it also backs up on DNS. There are several machines all on this completely private VLAN that can access this virtual media. It has no gateway or way in either. So if someone DOES get cute and manage to put an IP on that network they only thing they can see is the Boot/PTF partition.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com