They 'kinda' fixed this now. You can do the Prepare for upgrade step that loads the agreements from this media. That much has always worked. As Jim says though there is no way to 'pre-approve' the list of LPPs as that file isn't there and IBM say "Nope, not gonna." Not sure why, as it seems a SMOP. BUT what they have done now is to let you do a normal mode IPL from this media (via STRNETINS ) and it loads everything you currently have. So if you have four java bits it upgrades those four java bits. If there are new java bits they don't get added. However, now you can simply go back to LICPGM 11 and add anything new. This virtual media is so fantastically fast finding each LPP that you add this way so as to make you nearly forget you wished you could include them ahead of time!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com